Please download and review the survey materials provided on this page before you begin. The materials contain all the information you and your hospital need to successfully complete the Leapfrog Hospital Survey online. Please read the survey and survey instructions carefully before you begin.
Supporting documentation for completing the Leapfrog Hospital Survey
The following documents provide critical information that you will need to complete the Leapfrog Hospital Survey. Please review each document carefully before you begin.
The Leapfrog Hospital Survey Reference Book contains information about:
- specifications for volume, process, outcomes and resource utilization measures;
- references to publicly-reported risk-adjusted mortality outcomes data;
- frequently asked questions;
- algorithms used by Leapfrog to score survey responses and publicly report survey results; and
- notices of changes made to the survey or any of these reference materials since initial survey release on 4/1/2013
The Leapfrog Group requires multi-campus hospitals to report separately to the Leapfrog Hospital Survey, even if they share a Medicare Provider Number. If your hospital has more than one location, please review Leapfrog’s Policy for guidelines on how to respond to the Survey.
Geometric mean tool: This spreadsheet template can be used to compute the geometric mean length of stay for the AMI, Heart Failure, and Pneumonia measures in Section 9 of the survey.
Additional details on scoring methodology:
- Scoring: How the Survival Predictor is Computed and Scored
- Instructions for Leapfrog Survival Predictor Calculator
- Leapfrog Survival Predictor Calculator
Length of Stay
Leapfrog Safe Practices Score (SPS)
References for section 6 of the survey: The National Quality Forum has updated its Safe Practices for Better Healthcare. You should order a copy of the full report of the National Quality Forum’s Safe Practices for Better Healthcare 2010 Update: A Consensus Report if you don’t already have one; it is needed to complete Section 6 of the survey. Only an electronic downloadable PDF version may be ordered.