Getting a security code
You need a security code to access the online survey. See below for information about security codes.
The 16-digit security code is specific to each hospital.
If you do not have a 16-digit security code and your hospital is in one of the regions listed below:
- Click on the list below to find whether or not your hospital is in the geographic area included in the region.
- If your hospital is in one of these roll-out regions, a security code was sent to your hospital’s CEO (or senior executive) by the local Regional Roll-Out (usually the local business coalition on health).
- Please call the local contact listed for your region to determine where the code was sent or to have another copy sent.
- Many hospital CEOs have provided a delegation of authority, authorizing the Help Desk to email a security code to both CEO and hospital contact. Contact the Help Desk to determine if this delegation is in place for your hospital or complete and fax a security code request to authorize this delegation.
Leapfrog Group’s current Roll-Out regions (click on region to see local contact)
If your organization is not located in one of the Regional Roll-Out areas, and your hospital is a general acute-care or free-standing pediatric facility, you should have received a security code and formal request from The Leapfrog Group to complete the Leapfrog Hospital Survey. The Leapfrog Group invites all other hospitals nationwide, including specialty and critical access hospitals, to complete the survey and share their progress in meeting Leapfrog’s safety, quality, and resource utilization standards with their communities. Security code requests will be responded to within 24-48 hours. Hospitals trying to meet one of Leapfrog’s survey deadlines should request a code well in advance.
Keep the 16-digit security code in a secure location. It is needed to login, update, and resubmit your hospital’s survey.
Lost security code?
- If you have lost your 16-digit security code, see above for “Getting a security code.”
- If you are concerned that the code has been compromised , contact the Leapfrog Help Desk to have it changed and re-issued to an authorized user.